Bridget Freihart is a doctoral student in Clinical Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin. Her research focuses on the role of relationships in sexual and reproductive health, with a specific emphasis on physiological attunement and covariation as a marker of sexual satisfaction. Relatedly, her work also centers on developing rigorous psychometric tools in the field of sexuality.
Bridget is also a therapist, and primarily provides couples therapy, sex therapy, and treatment for anxiety and stress-related disorders. In her free time, Bridget enjoys crafting elaborate cheese plates, singing and playing piano, and talking about the Rolling Stones.
- Intro: Arman sets the stage and provides background on Bridget and the psychology of sex. [00:15]
- What has been your favorite thing about the first 6 months of this year? [4:43]
- The ability to be okay with uncertainty. [5:24]
- Exposure therapy and cultivating mindfulness. [7:16]
- Dealing with fear and engaging with it. [11:54]
- Avoidance strategies as coping mechanisms and how to overcome them. [20:31]
- What does a healthy sexual relationship look like? [28:32]
- Communication and intimacy. [32:34]
- Reproductive health. [34:08]
- Passion and purpose in entrepreneurship. [50:13]
- Entrepreneurial work vs creative work. [55:33]
- The dangers of dogmatic thinking. [01:04:40]
- Arman shares a personal story about Burning Man and the insight he garnered from that experience. [01:05:17]
- Psychological flexibility as a skill. [01:07:38]
- The nefarious effects of social media. [01:12:10]
- Being conscious of strategies we use to deal with things we don’t want to face. [01:13:00]
- Beautiful closing thoughts. [1:15:25]
Text Arman at 619-825-2595 and let Arman know what you enjoyed most about this episode.
Text him #masterclass to get access to Arman’s free Masterclass with Foundr Magazine, #superphone to receive a special link to the SMS/text service Arman uses, or #bta to take Arman’s free quiz and discover your unique Brain Type™.
If you enjoy the show please subscribe and leave a short 17-second review on Apple Podcasts here. It means a lot to me and really supports the podcast.
Follow and chat with me on:
For show notes and more visit: armanassadi.com/podcast