Fox 5 Morning News Anchor Shally Zomorodi has been waking up in San Diego for more than a decade.
If you ask me, she is one of the most inspiring and positive people I’ve ever met. She is a shining light in the world of social media and has created a following of raving fans who follow and admire her every move.
Versed in international broadcasting as the reporter for Voice of America, and fluent in Farsi, Shally now brings her global skills, diversity, and Southland knowledge to FOX 5. Shally credits her success in broadcasting to pageants having won multiple titles, such as Mrs. California Globe, Miss Orange County Teen USA, and Miss Orange County USA. She left law school to pursue her dream to work in broadcasting and says she is working her dream job every day because of pageants.
- Intro: Arman sets the stage and provides background on Shally, how they met, and the topic of today’s episode. [00:12]
- Arman asks Shally about the driving force behind her authenticity. [05:25]
- Embracing change and trusting that it will all work out. [07:55]
- Choosing to show up for life. [09:18]
- How being transparent and showing people your human side massively builds trust. [17:04]
- Arman and Shally get into a discussion about being a parent. [20:40]
- Where does having an innate insatiable thirst for life come from? [21:45]
- Your physiology affects your mood. [25:12]
- The meaning we give to things is one of the things we have control over. [29:46]
- Journalism, opinionated stances, and fake news. [31:09]
- The importance of having healthy conversations. [33:23]
- Making room for nuance. [34:53]
- Allowing the pendulum to swing in the opposite direction in order to create powerful shifts. [40:00]
- Developing a curiosity for Persian culture and connecting to the Iranian community. [42:24]
- Arman and Shally close out by speaking in Farsi (Persian). [53:40]
- Inspiring closing thoughts. [01:07:25]
- Follow Shally on Instagram
- Learn more about Shally on her website
- Mention of It is what it is with SHALLZ Podcast
- Mention of Influex
- Mention of A Man’s Search For Meaning – Viktor Frankl
- Mention of Drew Binsky
- Mention of Anthony Bourdain
Text Arman at 619-825-2595 and let Arman know what you enjoyed most about this episode.
Text #masterclass to get access to Arman’s free Masterclass with Foundr Magazine, #superphone to receive a special link to the SMS/text service Arman uses, or #bta to take Arman’s free quiz and discover your unique Brain Type™.
If you enjoy the show please subscribe and leave a short 17-second review on Apple Podcasts here. It means a lot to me and really supports the podcast.
Text me directly at: 619-825-2595
Follow and chat with me on: