Ari Meisel is the best-selling author of The Art of Less Doing and The Replaceable Founder. He is a self-described Overwhelmologist whose insights into personal and professional productivity have earned him the title, “The Guru’s Guru.”
You can find Ari on his Less Doing podcast, speaking on international stages, and for those who prefer the written word, Ari’s blog posts on Medium offer immediate and actionable advice for entrepreneurs seeking replaceability.
- Intro: Arman sets the stage and provides background on Ari, how they met, and the topic of today’s episode. [00:16]
- What does it look like to be effective in your work? [01:03]
- Ari shares his story of why he’s so passionate about “less is more”. [03:47]
- Where lack of fulfillment as an entrepreneur comes from. [07:11]
- Identity diffusion. [07:53]
- The importance of finding a pro-bono cause to support to protect against self-sabotaging behavior. [10:24]
- Release your attachment to trying to be unique. [15:04]
- Protecting the entrepreneur’s team from the entrepreneur’s mind. [18:42]
- What’s the difference between being efficient and being effective? [23:22]
- What are the biggest blocks people have when letting go and implementing the “less is more” mindset? [27:20]
- Machine learning and efficiency. [31:37]
- Arman asks Ari about his systems, processes, and what his workflow looks like. [39:48]
- Working during times when you’re at your best when possible. [49:33]
- Inspiring closing thoughts and a rapid-fire Q&A segment. [55:01]
- Learn more about Ari Meisel
- Mention of The Art of Less Doing
- Mention of The Replaceable Founder
- Mention of Seth Godin
- Mention of Tim Ferriss
- Mention of Richard Branson
- Mention of Emergency – Neil Strauss
- Mention of Voxer
- Mention of Intercom
- Mention of Slack
- Mention of Trello
- Mention of Paul Mitchell
Text Arman at 619-825-2595 and let Arman know what you enjoyed most about this episode.
Text #masterclass to get access to Arman’s free Masterclass with Foundr Magazine, #superphone to receive a special link to the SMS/text service Arman uses, or #bta to take Arman’s free quiz and discover your unique Brain Type™.
If you enjoy the show please subscribe and leave a short 17-second review on Apple Podcasts here. It means a lot to me and really supports the podcast.
Text me directly at: 619-825-2595
Follow and chat with me on: