Talking to a science and biology expert from Oxford and successful entrepreneur about the pursuit of Truth was exhilarating and pretty much defines what this show is all about! 🙂
John Sherwin is the co-founder of Hydrant, a pioneering ecommerce brand committed to helping people maximize their daily hydration (about 75% of Americans are spending their days dehydrated).
Hydrant announced in May that it raised $5.7 million from investors in a Series A round, bringing its total funding to $8.8 million.
- Intro: Arman sets the stage and provides background on John, how they met, and the topic of today’s episode. [00:11]
- Arman talks about the power of great marketing and why it matters. [4:56]
- John talks about the challenges of being in the industry he’s in. [06:17]
- Is it possible to innovate in a saturated market? [07:07]
- Is truth subjective or absolute? [08:13]
- The mental model behind scientific thinking and the importance of staying open to new information. [10:56]
- How uncertainty can be the stable ground that leads to advances made in science. [17:26]
- Learning to be aware of our cognitive biases. [24:40]
- What are the benefits of being fully optimized when it comes to hydration intake? [28:47]
- Most people don’t realize what it feels like to be properly hydrated. [30:33]
- What it means to put function first. [44:29]
- Creating a feedback loop and finding a way to educate the market on the science of the formulation behind Hydrant. [45:34]
- Arman asks John about what keeps him up at night in relation to the business he’s running and what that’s like. [52:10]
- Inspiring closing thoughts. [01:00:33]
Text Arman at 619-825-2595 and let Arman know what you enjoyed most about this.
Text #masterclass to get access to Arman’s free Masterclass with Foundr Magazine, #superphone to receive a special link to the SMS/text service Arman uses, or #bta to take Arman’s free quiz and discover your unique Brain Type™.
If you enjoy the show please subscribe and leave a short 17-second review on Apple Podcasts here. It means a lot to me and really supports the podcast.
Text me directly at: 619-825-2595
Follow and chat with me on: