Falling in love with reading and writing is a conscious effort that you have to make every day. Arman shows the ropes of it by sharing some hacks on how to read effectively and how to transfer that into your writing and later into your speaking. Today’s episode is packed with how-tos of effective speaking, by emphasizing the importance of reading and writing. You’ll also find how to transfer these skills into your argument.
- (0:24) Intro: Arman opens the episode with a life-hack on how to become a better public speaker for today’s topic.
- (2:14) What’s the answer to becoming a better public speaker? Why and how to approach it?
- (3:11) Arman shares how he became an effective speaker.
- (4:11) How to fall in love with writing?
- (4:34) Arman gives out a few hacks on how to read effectively and reflect it in writing.
- (4:34) Hack 1 – To notice the words you’re reading
- (5:11) Hack 2 – Notice how people structure their sentences and understand different levels of punctuation.
- (6:38) Hack 3 – Write proper full sentences
- (6:57) Hack 4 – Use the new words you learned in your writing
- (7:15) Hack 5 – learn how to craft an argumentative essay and let it translate to your speaking
- (6:22) One of the causes of inefficient speaking.
- (8:26) How to translate the skill of argumentative writing into your speaking?
- (9:28) Layout a general direction you’re going in your argument by starting with a macro
- (12:10) A formula to capture someone’s attention while teaching.
- (12:50) Closing thoughts
- Mention of The Wall Street Journal
- Article on things to read in 9 minutes
- For more reading suggestions see what Arman loves to read!
- Flow with Arman Assadi – 43. Reading: An Analysis on the Power and Transformative Benefits
- Mention of punctuations Hyphens and Dashes—The Long and the Short of It
- Article on crafting arguments for effective public speaking
- Subscribe to Arman Assadi’s YouTube channel
- To receive a FREE GIFT, send Arman a text message #flowkit at 619-825-2595 and get access to a pdf of Arman’s all-time favorite life hacks, resources, and books.
Are you an early-stage entrepreneur?
💡http://assadi.me/aurelia – Join Aurelia Ventures and get $1,250,000 in perks without having to give up any equity.
HELPFUL FREE RESOURCES:
📚 Flow Kit — my all-time favorite tools, books, and resources: http://assadi.me/flowtools
🎙️ Ultimate Step-by-Step Podcast Launch Guide: http://assadi.me/podcastguide
✍️ Product Launch Marketing Framework: http://assadi.me/masterclass
🧠 Find Out Your Brain Type: http://assadi.me/bta
MY TRAINING, COURSES, AND PRODUCTS:
✍️ Free 10-Step Copywriting Masterclass: http://assadi.me/masterclass
⌨️ 7-Figure Copywriting Course by Foundr Magazine: http://assadi.me/course
🧭 Elements Personality Assessment: https://assadi.me/elements
📘 EVO Planner: https://assadi.me/planner
👨💻Work with me: https://assadi.me/consulting
SUBSCRIBE TO MY PODCAST — FLOW WITH ARMAN ASSADI :
🎙️ Apple Podcasts: https://assadi.me/flowapple
🎙️ Spotify: https://assadi.me/flowspotify
⭐If you enjoy the show please subscribe and leave a short 17-second review on Apple Podcasts here. It means a lot to me and really supports the podcast.
MY FAVORITE TOOLS & SOFTWARE:
🔒 My password manager/ digital vault – http://assadi.me/1pw
🎙️ Where I host my podcast – https://assadi.me/buzzsprout
🎧 Where I edit my podcast audio – https://assadi.me/resonate
📧 Email productivity – https://assadi.me/mixmax
🛍️ My favorite e-commerce platform – http://assadi.me/shopify
📱How I communicate with my team – http://assadi.me/slack
✋How I get things done – http://assadi.me/fancyhands
☎️ SMS marketing – https://assadi.me/superphone
BE MY FRIEND:
📲 Text me directly at 619-825-2595
📬 Get access to my private weekly FLOW Friday newsletter – http://assadi.me/newsletter
📸 Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/armanassadi/
🐦 Twitter – https://twitter.com/ArmanAssadi
WHO AM I:
Arman Assadi is the co-founder of Steno, a stealth A.I. startup, and host of the FLOW with Arman Assadi podcast. He is also the co-founder and CEO of Project EVO and founder of Assadi Ventures. Recently, he was featured on the cover of Foundr Magazine. His mission is to democratize wisdom. Arman bootstrapped Project EVO to multi-7 figures and raised over $1 million on crowdfunding for the EVO Planner™, which was crowned the most funded planner of all time. He also created the Elements Assessment™ and Brain Type Assessment™, proprietary personality type tests taken by over half a million people and counting. As a consultant, Arman has been the chief strategist and copywriter behind 13 different 7-figure launches. He has helped many venture-backed startups, celebrity thought leaders, social media influencers, pro athletes, and New York Times bestselling authors generate tens of millions of dollars his strategies.
🌍 My website: https://www.armanassadi.com/
PS: Some of the links in this description are affiliate links that I get a kickback from 😜