Carter Thomas is a futures trader based in Austin, Texas. After leaving his job at a startup ten years ago to become a marketer and entrepreneur, Carter made a name for himself by building a mobile app business supplemented by Bluecloud, his app education business. He then moved into cryptocurrency trading and developed a platform and YouTube channel. This quickly turned into a massive content brand, but eventually, and quite suddenly, Carter made the decision to leave it all behind and transition to futures trading. Carter joins Arman for this episode of FLOW with Arman Assadi to discuss Carter’s career and its changes, the worlds of crypto and futures, and Carter’s thoughts on the economy and the future.
- Carter’s career as an entrepreneur and marketer
- Carter built a brand in the app world and then transitioned to working in crypto. What happened?
- Endless energy — exhausting yourself without feeling exhausted
- What would Carter have done differently when he stopped making content?
- On “orange juice futures” and Carter’s lightbulb moment
- What does Carter experience and feel when doing futures trading?
- How has Carter’s day changed as a result of his transition to futures trading
- If there’s not a certain setup in place, why Carter won’t act
- Money averages in futures trading
- Arman asks Carter about the economy.
- How does the current economic situation affect Carter’s work?
- What is Carter excited about?
- Does Carter ever look back and miss marketing or building companies?
- Is Carter happy overall with his transition?
- Carter’s last thoughts on life and fulfillment
- More on Futures
- Coin Mastery – Carter’s cryptocurrency brand
- Follow Carter on Twitter
- Read the book Arman mentioned, The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
Support the show (https://armanassadi.com)