Ah…packing. The unpleasant, lingering step-sister of traveling.
In this short video you’ll learn how and what to pack for your next travel adventure. During this particular trip, I’ll also be working from abroad. You’ll get an overview of all the tools and equipment I recommend you carry if you’ll be doing the same.
For the traveling solopreneur and digital nomad, it’s all about balancing work and play. You don’t want to feel guilty about exploring, but you also want to stay productive. I had to mess up a few times to learn the lessons. The first time it really hit me was when I made this video in Southeast Asia.
Having the right tools and packing correctly is a big part of it. Whether you’re on vacation, a workation, or just living the Freedom Lifestyle — there’s something in this video for you.
How and What to Pack for Your next Travel Adventure
List of Tools to Pack the next Time You Travel
- Tumi Carry-On 22″ Luggage
- Apple 13″ MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- Kindle Paperwhite with Wi-Fi
- Moleskin Classic Notebook
- Charles Schwab Bank ATM card — Reference article: Get Rid of ATM Fees Once and for All
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- CitiBusiness AAdvantage World Master Card
- Moo Business Cards
- 3m Nexcare Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer
- Travel Power Adapter
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation
- Rode Smartlav Lavalier Microphone for iPhone and Smartphones
- Samson Go Mic Compact USB Microphone
- Ethernet USB Adapter
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones
- Xertube Resistance Band
- Adidas Men’s Sport Performance Climalite (for the gentleman)
- eBags Packing Cubes
Bonus items not mentioned in video:
- AirComfy Inflatable Travel Pillow (I never leave home without it)
- The Noteboard Pocket-Size Dry-Erase Board
- Tortuga Backpacks (awesome all-in-one alternative — a friend’s company)
- Portable and Adjustable Tripod Stand Holder for Smartphone for shooting videos)
- Case Logic Macbook Pro Sleeve (waterproof)
This list of equipment and electronics is constantly evolving. The clothes and gear you pack can change based on the destination, but it’s also generally the same.
But who knows, I might discover some different undies one day.
What are some items you can’t travel without? Do you have any tips for packing light?